Effective and Affordable Search Engine Optimization Services
SEO or Search Engine Optimization is something that must be done in order for your website to find it’s way to a respectable position on search engines such as Google, Yahoo, Bing and others. The quest for higher search position among the billions of websites vying for position on these search engines has spawned an industry unto itself – one that brings in billions of dollars each year for it’s service providers.
Among these “search engine optimization specialists” are honest people who actually know what they are doing – and some very dishonest people who prey on website owners by promoting misinformation and spreading panic. And as someone who considers herself to be among the first group mentioned, I have heard some horror stories from clients who have had dealings with the second group.
Very recently, Matt Cutts, who is considered Google’s “go to guy” for information and advice on what Google is looking for – and not looking for – in websites that intend to rank well for their subject area, announced that Google is going to start penalizing websites that are “over optimized”. This could very well mean that websites that have been taking top position on Google for years may suddenly find themselves at the bottom of page 86 on Google. And this leaves the playing field wide-open for great websites that have not been optimized to death to find their way to success. The small business, “Mom and Pop” sites that have had a difficult time gaining ground on the search engines.
Proper search engine optimization is a gentle art. It is not something that should be done by a service in India that promises to build thousands of incoming links to your website. Nor should it be done by a service that has some rude salesperson call you and tell you your website cannot be found on the search engines. SEO is something that should be done only by someone who is intimately familiar with your business and your website – your webmaster.
Good Search Engine Optimization is:
- Putting your visitors and their experience on your website first.
- Doing intensive keyword research to find out what people are actually typing in a search when looking for what you offer.
- Developing the structure of your website (ie how the categories and pages are named and set up) around your target keywords and keyphrases to ensure that the search engines can determine what your website is about, and rank you accordingly.
- Making sure your website is attractive, interactive and easy to navigate for your visitors.
- Answering a need. Knowing your visitors and giving them what they came to find.
- Creating buzz about your business through social media, public relations and word of mouth.
- Developing a relationship with your visitors and giving them a reason to stick around on your website and come back again and again.
- Monitoring and analyzing visitor behavior to determine what is working – and what is not – so that your website can adapt to meet the needs of your clients.
So, as you can see, SEO and website development go hand in hand. I pride myself on my ability to create websites that please your visitors first and foremost, but are highly relevant to your search terms through judicious keyphrase use and site architecture.
Ideally, SEO is done during the process of website development. It can, however, be applied to an existing website through doing keyword research, improving relevance to targeted keyphrases, and through making adjustments in the way your website functions for your visitors.
If you need some help with SEO, I’m happy to offer my services. Please fill out my FREE website evaluation form, and I will be happy to do an analysis of your website and provide recommendations on making it the best it can be. Please feel free to call me at 1-888-642-6390 to discuss your SEO needs. I look forward to speaking with you!